Oliver Bacon, MD, MPH
Associate Clinical Professor
- Quarterly screening optimizes detection of sexually transmitted infections when prescribing HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis.
- Decreased Time from HIV Diagnosis to Care, ART Initiation, and Virologic Suppression during the Citywide RAPID Initiative in San Francisco.
- Brief Report: Short-Term Adherence Marker to PrEP Predicts Future Nonretention in a Large PrEP Demo Project: Implications for Point-of-Care Adherence Testing.
- RAPID antiretroviral therapy: high virologic suppression rates with immediate antiretroviral therapy initiation in a vulnerable urban clinic population.
- Acquisition of tenofovir-susceptible, emtricitabine-resistant HIV despite high adherence to daily pre-exposure prophylaxis: a case report.
- 1298. Acquisition of TDF-Susceptible HIV Despite High Level Adherence to Daily TDF/FTC PrEP as Measured by Dried Blood Spot (DBS) and Segmental Hair Analysis: A Case Report.
- Patterns and Correlates of Participant Retention in a Multi-City Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Demonstration Project.
- Changes in Kidney Function Associated With Daily Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate/Emtricitabine for HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis Use in the United States Demonstration Project.
- HIV-1 persistence following extremely early initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART) during acute HIV-1 infection: An observational study.
- Healthcare Access and PrEP Continuation in San Francisco and Miami After the US PrEP Demo Project.
- Brief Report: Informing Strategies to Build PrEP Capacity Among San Francisco Bay Area Clinicians.
- Commitment issues: PrEP adherence in injecting drug users.
- Successful Implementation of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis: Lessons Learned From Three Clinical Settings.
- Preexposure Prophylaxis for HIV Infection Integrated With Municipal- and Community-Based Sexual Health Services.
- 007.5 Sexual risk behaviour and sexually transmitted diseases among men who have sex with men participating in a pre-exposure prophylaxis demonstration project.
- Authors' Reply: Race and the Public Health Impact Potential of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis in the United States.
- High interest in preexposure prophylaxis among men who have sex with men at risk for HIV infection: baseline data from the US PrEP demonstration project.
- HIV intervention for providers study: a randomized controlled trial of a clinician-delivered HIV risk-reduction intervention for HIV-positive people.
- Task shifting in Mozambique: cross-sectional evaluation of non-physician clinicians' performance in HIV/AIDS care.
- Detection of acute HIV infections in high-risk patients in California.
- Commercial sex work and risk of HIV infection among young drug-injecting men who have sex with men in San Francisco.